Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 6: KL

I went to Bukit Bintang this afternoon. It's where I stayed last time I was in KL. First I walked around the main drag. There was lots of Chinese new years stuff going on and decorations eveywhere. I went to a big fancy mall and happened to see that here was a restaurant called Mr Baoz in it, so I went down to the food court. Now, a mall food court in Kuala Lumpur shames all other food courts. I think when I see a food court in America again I'll cry, knowing it could never even come close to the wonderful selection we have here. All kinds of foods, including a satay grill. So I went to Mr Baoz and found it served baozi, the doughy Chinese steamed buns filled with goodness. I ordered a BBQ pork, potato and cheese, taro, and chocolate. The chocolate was more like a cream puff. So delicious. They gave them to me in a to go box, probably thinking I wouldn't eat all 4 at once. But oh, I sure did.

After that, I walked around a bit and discovered a set of malls where the locals go for their deals. So I did a bit of shopping, though I have limited room in my one carry on backpack. I decided to get a haircut. I haven't gotten one months. I'm trying to grow it out but I was getting that mullet. After my haircut it was time. For my favorite food street in the world.

It was a bit early for Jalan Alor to really get going, but I was ready. I got a coconut to drink out of, satay, stingray, and a mango ice. My favorites that i've been dreaming about for 2 years. I ate all this by myself. Then, on the way home I watched my second Chinese dragon dance. The dragons are quite funny. This one was throwing oranges from it's mouth for people to catch.

Well going back to my favorite food street tomorrow for dinner, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment