Friday, February 12, 2010

Chinese New Year in Boracay

So today is the start of the Chinese New Year, and you can tell, because all of the English teachers from China and Taiwan are getting here today. I've already met some in my hotel. And this is the day when Kate and Siggy will arrive! This afternoon. I've already moved into our new bigger room for three.

Going around by myself is kind of nice, although I'm so excited to see my friends. I usually go for swims, walk along the beach, eat someplace with an ocean view, get mango-banana smoothies, and watch the sunset. At night I discovered that you can sit on the beach, closer to the water, and enjoy the live music of the various bands without having to go in and buy a drink. Last night there were even fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow great, nice blessing you celebrating the chinese new year in boracay. There a good atmosphere there, mostly at nightlife.


    Tanya Gemarin

    ReplyDelete