Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 11: Boracay

So two days ago, I left KL and flew to Singapore. I spent the night in the Singapore airport, flew out at 6 am, and then flew on a little propeller plane to Boracay (which I thought was great fun, by the way).

Then a guy from my hotel helped me get from the airport, to the boat, to the tricycle, to the hotel. Ocean Breeze Inn is about a minute's walk from the beach, through a maze of guesthouses, grass huts, and roosters (there are lots of roosters in the Philippines). My friends Kate and Siggy will meet me here in a couple of days, so right now I'm still on my own.

It's a gorgeous island of palm trees and a long white sand beach. Clear water, blue skies. The beach is lined with restaurants serving all kinds of food, dive shops, vendors, bars, and hotels.

Last night I walked along the beach and decided to eat dinner at a Mexican restaurant. The food was quite good, and I'm picky about my Mexican food being Arizonan and all. At the next restaurant over there were fire dancers. At night there's lots of beachside dining, live music, and sandcastles lit up with candles.

I've never been to Hawaii but I'm imagining it's somewhat similar (except lots cheaper).

Here's what I did today: lots of swimming and sunbathing, got a massage beachside, drank a fresh fruit smoothie.

wait til I get the photos online...

No comments:

Post a Comment