Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 5: Singapore/KL

Today I checked out of my hostel and headed to china town to see the Chinese new years decorations. There is also a street market there. I like the colonial style architecture in Singapore with the different ethnic towns.

After that I went to a mall near the subway, thinking I'd have lunch in the airconditioned food court. But then I saw a restaurant called the Handburger, which the night before had a line outside of it. Now when it comes to food in Asia I like to follow the rule: if it's crowded eat there. So I did. Everything is handmade, and you can watch the guy make the very delicious buns. I ended up getting a duck burger that combined two of my favorites: duck and mandarin oranges. I also had a huge icy drink called lemonade mint (perfect for he heat of Singapore, and fries with homemade ketchup.

After that I pretty much headed to the airport. I'd heard the singApore airport is pretty amazing, and it is quite a nice place to hang in. Each gate has it's own security check, which is fantastic. They even had special events for Chinese new year, like calligrapy demos.

The flight to Kuala Lumpur was shorter than the bus ride into town. I was able to find my hostel, and boy, is it nice. My Singapore hostel was pretty good but this place has large beds, a sink in the room, and a beautiful outdoor bathroom.

Obviously my first KL mission was to find food. Chinatown is a five minute walk away, so I ate some delicious noodles and wontons there. I plan to find my favorite food street from he last time I was here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment