Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drinking Tea by the River

Last week, Leah, an American from the Zunyi branch of our school, came
with me to a garden by the river. The "symbol of Guiyang" is the
Jiaxiu Tower by the river. Next to the tower, there is a garden. It's
only 2 kuai to enter. There are lots of places to sit and different
tea houses. You can walk around and there might be some old ladies
doing tai chi or calligraphy. They have some local specialty teas, and
you can sit and drink tea all afternoon. I wish I'd discovered it
earlier because you can find a spot and be relatively unconspicuous.
It's a nice change from being constantly stared at like a monkey in
Qianling Park. The river is generally a quieter spot to get away from
the constant city noise. I went again today, got some kind of Zunyi
green tea, which was lovely, and sat at a table and planned some
lessons.

It's a cool Guiyang thing to do. Sit in the garden and drink tea all
afternoon and go see Jiaxiu Tower at night, when it's all lit up.

I'm preparing to leave next Wednesday morning. only one more parents' weekend.

3 comments:

  1. MEG MEG MEG MEG!! When are you coming to Brisbane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I think I'll be there around September 3rd-8th. is that cool??? I'm so so so so so excited to see you I can't even explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course that is cool!! I am also so excited!!

    ReplyDelete