Friday, August 27, 2010

Aug 27th: Ubud

I had the usual breakfast on my porch and then walked to a small textile museum to look at some beautiful handwoven cloth. The family compound also had a restaurant, Lonely Planet recommended. It was cheap and delicious Indonesian food with a slightly sour fresh mango juice.

In the evening I went to a free yoga class at Yoga Barn. I love the international crowd of men and women you get there. It was pretty fun except for all the mosquitos, which managed to bite me even through my leggings. Despite all the mosquito repellent.

I've been starting to try to plan my Australia part of the trip, and trying to find cheap flights. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

Aug 28th: Ubud

Today I slept in and am currently at Nomad, an organic and locally-grown produce cafe. It's amazingly good. I had handmade pumpkin ravioli, which was so delicious, with black iced tea spiced with ginger. I couldn't help but try the local black rice pudding dessert, which was served with a bit of ice cream and banana. Mmmm. Plus there's free wi-fi.

I have another gamelan lesson soon so I'm busy planning the rest of my trip until then. I've sold some of my books to a used bookstore and need to get more reading before I get to the apparently bookshopless Lovina. I am zooming through Stieg Larsson's books. I probably read about 300 pages yesterday and finished "The Girl Who Played With Fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment