Friday, August 13, 2010

China -> Hong Kong

Sorry not to have been blogging but this past week has been a whirlwind. I finished teaching my classes, took pictures of all my classes, and then Sunday night our boss took Wayne and I out for a farewell meal. All of the foreign and Chinese staff came and even my precocious 12-year-old student Mike, who is hilarious by the way, joined us.

On Monday Julian invited us to go swimming in the river and sit at a nice patio bar outside. It was a perfect day for it and we went about 30 minutes outside the city (Ping Qiao I think it's called?). The river was crowded with kids in floaty tubes and old men with tiny floaties on. Chris, Joline, Matt, and I met Julian and his Irish roommate. It was really nice and relaxing. The river was pretty cold but it felt really nice and this huge outdoor bar area had a stage for live music as well.

Tuesday was my last day in Guiyang. I ate lunch with Matt and the new teacher, Aaron, who is my replacement. We went to the Guiyang syle hamburger restaurant (little steaks covered in lajiao with Chinese bread as the buns), which is always good. Garry joined us which was nice. Then we had one last night out together with Chris, Matt, and Aaron.

I left Wednesday morning and I haven't done too much thrilling stuff in Hong Kong so far. Just arranging things and buying stuff I need for my trip. I am leaving on Sunday for Bali, I've decided. 2-3 weeks bumming around Bali (and Lombok) before Australia! It's always amazing to be back in Hong Kong. I once again got that weird culture shock of feeling like I blend in so well here. Things are well-run and efficient here and it's nice to get the huge variety of (very good!) food options. Hong Kong's beautiful. Still convinced it's the best city in the world.

1 comment:

  1. hey Megan, I'm Justin Courageo's sister and I was wondering how you accessed blogspot in China? I will be exchanging to Beijing next week and wanted to start a blog :) my email is sabrinalee518@gmail.com...any info would be great! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete