Monday, August 30, 2010

Aug 29th: Ubud

This morning I mostly planned my Australia trip. I am leaving for Brisbane in a couple of days, as it turns out! I ate lunch at Nomad again.

I tried to make the most of my now last day in Ubud. I did some shopping, and then I treated myself to a massage spa treatment. Now by treated myself I mean I splurged and spent $15 whole dollars US to get the usual hour-long Balinese massage, followed by a spice bath. First there was a scrub made with Indonesian spices. The hot bath that followed was really a giant tea cup for a person to soak in: there was a huge bag full of spices and herbs. It was pretty amazing.

I had a nice dinner and dessert at a restaurant that had a live cover band doing requests from the audience, which was fun. A Balinese fish dish and bananas flambe for dessert.

I decided that since I'm leaving for Australia so soon I don't really have time to go up to Lovina, so I'm going to go to either the East Coast seaside areas of Padangbai or Candidasa for my last night in Bali. I want to be ocean side again before I leave Bali.

No comments:

Post a Comment