Saturday, August 28, 2010

Aug 28th: Ubud

After my amazing lunch at Nomad, I headed to my gamelan lesson at the Pondok Library and Learning Center, which is a really cool place by the way. I reviewed my old song and remembered it surprisingly well, then learned a new song along with its harmony part. If I go to another lesson I can work more on that, which I might do.

I spontaneously decided to get a massage at Bodyworks, which is in a family compound. It was really nice and I got to keep the extra massage oil, which I chose- cempaka. It's an amazing floral scent. It will probably always remind me of Bali now.

For dinner I headed to Warung Enuk, which I'd seen on one of my walks around. It's a really cool funky restaurant, out near the rice paddies. It's very classy but fun- it has chandeliers with brightly colored lampshades, and funny art. The waitstaff was amazing. I love that in Bali I can eat at somewhere and feel really fancy but still get a delicious meal for under ten bucks.

I had Balinese tea with ginger and milk, and a perfectly fried crab cake with rice and spicy pepper sauce. It was sooooo good.

I am trying to decide what to do tomorrow. I thought about doing a tour or a cooking class but I'm having a bit of a hard time being one person- they usually want at least two people for those things. I can probably find a cooking class for one on one if I looked a bit harder so I might do that before I leave. I am thinking about doing another art museum, maybe another music lesson, and I'm really tempted to have another meal at Nomad.

No comments:

Post a Comment