Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Huaxi Park with the Zunyi Staff

On Monday night the Zunyi staff got into town so we went out together. Zunyi is a town a couple of hours away; Interlingua school has a branch there as well. They have about the same number of teachers that we have although mostly American and half girls. On Tuesday we had some "planned fun"; we got all together and went to Huaxi Park, about an hour outside of town. There is a river there, bikes, tiny horses to ride, and boats. We bonded with the Zunyi guys, ate lunch at the park, and then went in a boat. I had a good time, the Zunyi people are very fun. Then we decided to buy bathing suits and go swimming in the river. They were Chinese one size fits all style though so fitting into mine was a bit of a squeeze. It was really fun though, we climbed into boats with random Chinese people and hung out with them.

We went to a Uyghur Muslim restaurant which was very good- lots of meat on a stick and bread. We were all quite tired by that night though so it was an early one. Hopefully we will get to visit Zunyi sometime and hang out with the guys there again.

I have a more full schedule of classes coming up this weekend. Sunday I have class all day in fact. Last night I had my 4 year olds, and I had 4 new students, including one named Flower and one named Cherry. Their moms came up to me and told me in broken English that I was a good teacher and the girls liked me, which was very nice. Hopefully I'm getting somewhat better at this teaching thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment