Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chia-yi

It was quite rainy yesterday but siggy, kate and I headed to a night market. It was fun, there are a different street foods here than in guiyang. There are a lot of tropical fruits and lots of tea places. We had great crispy crepes filled with banana, chocoate and ice cream.
This morning, we ate some Chinese omelettes- egg wrapped around peppery pork-then headed to chia-yi park which has some nice greenery, a Confucian temple, and a tower overlooking the city. After that, kate and siggy had to go to work so I set off with a map of the city. I got trapped in the rain but luckily I was in a bookstore. I'm jealous because it has a floor of a nice selection of English speaking books (apparently in guiyang we only have a shelf of mostly classics in one bookstore). So I hung out and read there, and bought dead until dark for my collection. Now I'm in a large cafe next to the school, waiting for the teachers to finish so we can hang out tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment