Monday, August 31, 2009

An Entire Chicken Hot Pot

Last night the teachers went out to a hot pot restaurant. It was different than the hot pot I've always had, which is just a pot of boiling water or broth that you throw uncooked food into to make a giant soup. Instead, half of the pot was spicy with an entire chicken and half was a soup that was unseasoned. And yes, the head and the feet were in there and all the organs. Chris tried to hack away at the feet but they were difficult to eat, and I believe someone ate some neck but no one went for the head.
 
I learned that my first vacation for National Day is coming up soon. It is 10 days from September 27-October 10th. My Bryn Mawr friend Kate is in Taiwan teaching English so I may visit or travel with her. And Caitlin is also interested in traveling, and she has never been to Asia at all so she would go anywhere. I am trying to decide if I want to visit Taiwan, travel within China or perhaps take a tropical vacation somewhere in Southeast Asia. However, I just found out that I don't get paid until October 10th, which is annoying because that is after my vacation so I am trying to get another advance on my pay so I can have a bit more pocket money. I am already excited to travel though- I love planning trips so much. The guys haven't had a long vacation yet and Chris and Gary haven't been anywhere but here so I think they are heading to Beijing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment