Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nimen yao dian cai ma?

Okay, I wanted to prove that I am learning SOME Chinese by now. This is what the waiter (fuwuyuan) might ask you at the restaurant- What food do you want to order?

I had two hours of Chinese lessons yesterday (xing qi san = Wednesday) and 4 hours today. It's a lot of information packed in to a short period and I'm not a natural at languages. But the three girls who team teach only me, now that Caitlin has left, are very nice. They ask me what I want to learn- like a restaurant lesson. I also told them I am going to Taiwan for break, so they taught me some Taiwan sights and foods (oh- and how to say Taiwan with the proper tones). They also want to do some lessons out places, instead of just in the classroom, so I can actually get practice. Basically, I also have 3 built-in Chinese friends- they asked me if I wanted to go shopping yesterday but sadly I couldn't, since I had to teach a class.

Speaking of vacation, I booked my plans. I have to fly through Shenzhen since it is about a million times cheaper. So I leave on Sunday the 27th for Shenzhen. I will spend one night in Hong Kong and fly to Taipei the next day. I return to Guiyang on October 6th, since I have to work on the 7th. By the way, if anyone is interested, I discovered a new (well, new to me) discount flight site for China (including Taiwan and Hong Kong): travelzen.com. They even called my Chinese cell phone to confirm my order, which was pretty legit, and there is no service charge for overseas credit cards. Ctrip and elong are the other main sites for discount travel in China. A lot of times they all have the same prices but travelzen definitely had the best deal for HK-Taipei.

Oh, by the way, I've learned that I can't read the comments on the blog. I thought I set it up to email me the comments, but apparently not. I will be able to access my blog in HK and Taiwan, so I will change it then and catch up on reading comments. Sorry I haven't replied!

No comments:

Post a Comment