Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blame Sunday

It's been a very busy weekend, or "work week" as I would call it. Saturday, yesterday, I had classes straight from 8:20 am to 8:50 pm. The good thing was today I ended somewhat "early" at 6:20 pm. My new classes, which I have taken over from Caitlin, are all pretty well-behaved so that made things a bit easier. It was still a LOT of classes plan. But now I have a much better idea of what the classes are like so I can hopefully do better plans next time. And I have an older class! Reading and Writing. They are ages 12-16 and pretty funny. I had them read an article about facial expressions, and then write about each other's facial expressions. Mike wrote "Tom moves his eyebrows up and down when he sees a beauty." And then Tom did it, and it was hilarious. They also said things like "the eyes are the window to the heart." I asked what kind of things they want to read in future classes (they all said they wanted to watch American movies of course- Sean loves Will Smith) but one guy said "I want to read love stories." Hahaha.

I also had English Corner, completely by myself with maybe 40 people who came. It was crazy. Everyone wanted to talk to me as always. I was amazed to learn that they all knew the Phoenix Suns, my basketball team. They love basketball in China. They all knew Steve Nash too. I didn't realize he was so famous! We also talked about Obama. Most of the people expressed that they liked Obama a lot, but now that he has enacted that tariff on tires they are pretty upset. I think Obama may have really killed the enthusiasm for him over here in China with that act.

By the way, if this blog doesn't make sense or seems strangely worded, remember: It's Sunday. That's our excuse for everything. At the end of a Sunday, we are all brain dead. If someone makes a terrible joke, we excuse him and blame Sunday.

I leave in exactly one week for Taiwan! Crazy. I feel like there's a lot I want to do. Study Chinese, clean my room, learn more about Taiwan, and make some stellar lesson plans. I got my schedule for the next two work weeks. I only work Saturday next week and then leave for Taiwan Sunday! I get back Tuesday, though, and have to work a very full day Wednesday. Also a pretty busy Thursday, but Friday and Saturday are pretty light.

Okay, I'm so done with this. It's Sunday night after all.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I like that the guy wanted to read love stories. You should show them Grizzlyman, haha.

    ReplyDelete