Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Taiwan Adventures

Last night, we went to a hot pot place with a few of the other teachers. The restaurant was mostly taken over by a family that was barbecuing for mid autumn festival. It was a really good hot pot place though, everyone got their own individual pot. I got my favorite thin sliced beef which was great. I did not try blood cake (rice and dried blood). After that, Kate and siggy took me to a Belgian beer bar, which had all kinds of Belgian bottles. I tried a honey beer- it was a nice change not to have pale beer, all we have in guiyang- they prize budweiser there, which is depressing.

Today Kate and I headed to a pharmacy- I'm not convinced my worms are completely gone. Drawing pictures and all too graphic hand motions got me a medicine, which was less than $2 us. Then she went to work and siggy and I checked out the small cultural center, which had a pottery exhibit and a couple of small art galleries. We ate at the freen for lunch, where I got a banana milk and a delicious burger on whole wheat bread with pineapple. I went to a couple of kates classes, and then shopped in a night market untl now.

1 comment:

  1. Blood cake?? For real?? I know there's a culture difference... but blood?? and cake?? Definitely not my kind of thing! Hoping your trip entails more fabulous food though!! Xo.

    ReplyDelete