Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chairman Mao waves at Walmart

Today Caitlin and I ate lunch at Ajisen Ramen, a chain they have here that I knew from Hong Kong- Japanese noodles and other foods. It was good food and we even had a desert that was fried potatoes and taro ice cream- pretty yummy. We walked to People's Square which has a large chairman Mao statue and across the street, two Louvre like pyramids. Of course these are the entrance to the underground Walmart- yes, Chinese Walmart Supercenter, which is absolutely huge. They have a local specialties section and all the regular supercenter Walmart goods. And also a huge candy section. It was pretty fun to walk around and see all the products they sell. I bought some more make your own bubble tea kits and a hot water pitcher so I can have tea and instant noodles in my room.

1 comment: