Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Cloudy Peak

Well last night I made friends with an English guy at my hostel, Greg, who is on his way to move to Australia. I invited him to come to the handmade noodle restaurant in Wan Chai with Claire. It is very local and cheap but so delicious, I recommend. The noodles are a bit tougher but soooo good. We got noodles with dumplings and with wantons. Claire and I found ourselves reminiscing fondly of our HKU days. We just had such a good group of exchange students that it was perfect, so much fun. Hong Kong is still amazing but it's not the same without all of the people. I would still live here though- I love it.

Today I offered to tour Greg around a bit. We headed to Central and walked around a bit and then caught the Peak Tram, which I never took before. I have only been to the Peak at night and by bus. It was super foggy but it was a nice fast slanted ride up the mountain. We went to the top viewing deck but literally saw nothing but fog. But then, it cleared up quite a bit and we got a decent view of the skyline (pictures will follow soon). Then we headed down and I showed Greg around Central and Soho, which is where the giant escalator is. We took the ferry to TST and went to the art museum, which was free today but not all that great- I prefer the HKU museum actually. I took him to Mongkok and we ate some street food and got Hui Lau Shan mango drinks and walked around the Ladies Market a bit (the huge street market).

Tonight our plan is to go to Greenland. This is a Taiwanese restaurant near HKU in Kennedy Town which Claire and I frequented with all of our friends after school. It's really for nostalgia but they have great bubble teas and other drinks and some delicious food.

1 comment: