Friday, August 14, 2009

The Under Bridge Typhoon Shelter Crab



Julia, a German girl from my hostel, and I met up with Claire last night to go to the Under Bridge Crab Restaurant, which was featured on Anthony Bourdain and is pretty well-known. We had to get the crab, of course, their specialty, and we also got some vegetables, rice, and garlic scallops with vermicelli. They brought out the live crab so we could approve of it and then when he came back, he was cooked and covered in this delicious spicy stuff. None of us had really eaten crab out of the shell before so that was interesting, haha. But it was delicious and then scallops were also amazing. Probably the most expensive meal I've had in HK but well worth it and in the States you'd pay much much more for fresh seafood that good.

I found out that my HKU friend Richard was in town which was exciting so we met up at Oysters, a favorite place of ours from HKU. We spent most of the night hanging out and reminiscing about our great HKU semester as well as eating good food. I had a chicken tikka kebab from Ebeneezer's which was delicious. It was pretty early for a HK night, we went home around 1:30. But Lan Kwai Fong, which is usually a street overflowing with people, was pretty tame last night.

Today I decided to do some of my favorite HK things so I got a chicken curry puff at Starbucks, took the ferry to TST and got Hui Lau Shan mango drink, and shopped around Mongkok. I had Gindaco, these amazing Japanese dumplings with octopus inside. Now I am resting and starting to repack my stuff, which is everywhere. I am leaving pretty early tomorrow morning and taking a bus to Shenzhen airport, where I will go on about a two hour flight to Guiyang and meet people from my school.

1 comment:

  1. Do you even have money left after your one week in HK ha ha??

    And crab = YUM!

    ReplyDelete