Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brisbane, Australia

My flight left at 12:55 am from Bali and straight to Brisbane. I arrived at 8:30 in the morning, after a tiny bit of sleep, and my friend Kristina picked me up and took me to her house. It felt kind of strange to be back in a "Western" country.

I mostly slept at Kristina's house during the day and just ate dinner and hung out with Kristina a bit before bed. Today we went into the city. We walked around South Bank, which is by the river. It's kind of funny because there's this little fake beach for swimming with sand and everything. We went to a museum and then came back to Kristina's uni because she has class (which she's at now). I went book shopping earlier and it kind of blew my mind because a paperback book costs like $23 (one that would cost like $8 maybe in the US).

The seasons are opposite here so it has just turned from winter to spring. Though it's pretty warm and nice.

After traveling by myself it's definitely nice to have a person to talk to all day and to show me around.

1 comment:

  1. MIND BLOWN!! I love being your tour guide so don't worry. Not that you were probably. Good writing *don't read it out loud... don't read it out loud*

    ReplyDelete