Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sydney, Australia

Fun Fact: In Australia they pronounce Megan like this: Mee-gan. weird eh?

I left Brisbane and arrived in Sydney last night. I took the train and pretty easily found my hostel. I basically just went to sleep last night.

This morning and into the afternoon I've just been walking around Sydney. It's the biggest city I've been to on this trip (Hong Kong's big but I know my way around) so I'm still finding my way around. It's a beautiful sunny day, though cooler than Brisbane, and I walked to Darling Harbour, The Rocks, Circular Quay, and around the park kind of in a circle back to the city and towards my hostel. Firstly Australians are really into exercise. I guess when you have beautiful weather and scenery it's nice to go running outside but man. They are all way too fit and it's making me feel bad.

It was a really nice walk with lots of nice views of the Opera House. There was a random Maori show by New Zealanders which had something to do with rugby apparently, and an Aboriginal group with a didgeridoo.

Tip for backpackers: For some reason MacDonald's in Australia has free wi-fi. It's awesome. Usually I wouldn't hang around MacDonald's too much but it's better than paying $1/15 minutes at the hostel. I can linger here over a coffee and also catch up on my pop music since I don't know any of the new songs that are out these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment