Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday-Sunday 11th- 12th Blue Mountains

I checked out of my hostel on Saturday and headed to the train station to catch a train to the Blue Mountains, where my camp friend Kristie lives. It was pretty far outside the city (a couple hours train ride) and immediately cooler in Katoomba where Kristie picked me up. We went to see the “Grand Canyon of Australia,” and the famous 3 Sisters (mountains? Big rocks?). We got some really nice views of the mountains, which by the way look blue because of the eucalyptus trees (see Kristie you totally taught me something!).

I stayed at Kristie's house and then the next day she drove us to Woolongong. After my city views of Australia this was more of a country drive. Woolongong is another gorgeous beach area with several beautiful beaches, and we got a sunny day to enjoy them. Then I tagged along to her nephew's birthday party before we did a long drive home in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment