Monday, September 6, 2010

Brisbane

Brisbane has been really fun. Mostly I've followed Kristina around and hung out while she went to university. On Friday I went to her friend's 21st birthday party. On Saturday we went to Riverfire. We sat out on the grass all day, and ate and drank by the river. It was nice weather that day as well. There were lots of fireworks over the bridges on the river, which was cool.

On Sunday it was rainy, but we still had a good day. We went to Currumbin Sanctuary, which is a place that has all Australian animals. First we got to feed kangaroos. Kangaroos are pretty hilarious. They were just running around (hopping)everywhere as well. We saw koalas of course. And other Aussie animals.

After that we went to Gold Coast and took our umbrellas on the beach. Of course it's Australia so people were still surfing in the rain. I put my feet in the ocean and then we went and got gelato, of course.

Monday Kristina had uni most of the day so she dropped me in the city. I walked around a lot. I went to West End and went to a cafe my other Brisbane friend told me I should visit. Then I walked around the city a bit. It was a really nice, sunny day. People lay out on the fake beach and the grass at Southbank. I saw a movie to kill time- Vampires Suck. It was worth it just to see the Harry Potter 7 trailer. Then Kristina picked me up and I watched her play touch football, which isn't a sport I've seen before. I think it's pretty Australian.

Right now I'm at Kristina's uni. We had sushi for lunch and I fly to Sydney tonight at 8. I will stay at a hostel for 4 nights before I move in with my friend in the Blue Mountains for the weekend. Then I'll move in with my other camp friend in Syd before I head back to America!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an efficient blog post. So quick and easy to read. But of course we ate. Eating is the best. Especially at Riverfire. Too much eating maybe? Missing you. Hope you have a fun time in Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete