Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ice Cold!

It is freezing cold here in Guiyang. Like, even I know what 0 degrees
Celsius is. There is no central heating either. So the school gets
pretty cold- we have heaters in all the rooms. And space heaters. But
it's still cold. I have the coolest Guiyang fashion though- Hello
Kitty quilted pajamas. They are ridiculous, I love it.

Due to the cold, I don't have much to report because I can't say I've
been up to much. Now we're into another work week- those days off sure
fly by. Since I am the only American at my school, I'm the only one
who really cares about Thanksgiving, and probably the most I'll get to
do for it is have my students make hand turkeys. I do love the food
here, mostly, but I will miss having a Thanksgiving dinner.

Otherwise, I am just starting to brainstorm ideas and plans for my big
Chinese New Year vacation. Especially at the moment, tropical beaches
are sounding nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment