Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Huangguoshu Grand Waterfall!



Photos!
I finally went to the most famous site- well, around here anyways.
Guizhou is home to the largest waterfall in China. One of the local
beers is called Pubu, which is Chinese for "waterfall." I've heard
that it's best to go in the summer. So Matt, Chris, and Chris's
girlfriend Joline went with me to see the waterfall.

First we went to Anshun, and then caught a bus to the waterfall site.
It was only a few hours. Tip for anyone who might try to visit
Huangguoshu: they make you buy a ticket for 180 yuan, which covers
several sites like a bridge and some other falls. However, the things
are far enough from each other that you have to take a bus or taxi
between them. So it's not the best deal if you arrive around 3 pm. We
basically only had time to do the waterfall, which was fine but if I
did it again I would go earlier and try to see more things.

It was pretty cool. You could walk behind the waterfall through the
cave and touch it. And get really wet. I think that was probably the
best part. It's worth a visit. It's always nice to get out into the
country side around here- it's all fields and karst landscape.

I realized how little exercise I get after walking the stairs around
the waterfall. My legs are sore now. We had planned to stay the night
in Anshun. Another tip: bring some kind of ID to stay at a hotel in
Anshun. We headed home quite easily though.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I haven't been keeping up to date. It sounds like you are having an amazing time!! I'm so jealous. But I am going to make every effort to start reading again. See you soon!! Xo.

    ReplyDelete