Monday, June 7, 2010

Quick Update

Another weekend has gone by, without too much excitement. I have been
trying to study Chinese a bit more (writing characters), and relaxing
by reading in coffee shops and cafes. Until today, when we finally got
some sun, it's been pretty cold, cloudy, and rainy. Especially
considering it's summer!

Next Wednesday is the Dragon Boat Festival. In one sentence: A famous
scholar drowned in the river, and people threw rice in the river so
the fish wouldn't eat his body. Now they celebrate by eating zong zi,
sticky rice wrapped in bamboo. Technically we don't get any time off,
but our Saturday and Sunday classes will be moved to Monday and
Tuesday. This is exciting for us because we never have been out on the
weekend. It sort of feels like having a week off: this week I'll only
have Starter class, my favorite, 1 hour on Wednesday and 1 on Friday,
and I won't have to worry about lesson planning for a while.

I can't believe I only have 3 paychecks left and 2 months. By the way,
if anyone has any requests for souvenirs or something you want, please
let me know! I'm happy to bring home some Chinese tea and other
goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment