Wednesday, December 9, 2009

English Competition

After my Thursday in Qing Yan Ancient Town (see last entry), that
weekend of work we had an English competition. It was on Saturday. We
choose our best 3 students from each class and they have to answer
some questions on stage. I still had to teach all day but it was so
exciting to see all my favorite students on Saturday! They all wanted
to say hi to me, and they were really cute. It was a bit unfair
though- like the categories were too broad. Some of my Starter class
(4 year olds) who just started English were in with Longman 2b level,
which could be up to 10 or 11 years old. Apparently this is just round
one, there is another competition with the winners in each category.

You might be surprised, or maybe not, but Twilight is very popular
with my students. Since I like it (the British guys aren't really into
the vampire trend), I talk to them about it lots. I bought a DVD copy
of New Moon, which I'm hoping is decent quality. It's so funny, they
all know Robert Pattinson and stuff.

Time seriously flies here. I can't believe I've been here for 4
months! It's ridiculous. I am trying to figure out some fun Christmas
activities for this month to do in my classes. They love Christmas
here. I will try to get some more pictures of my students. They are
really really cute. Of course, holiday time makes me miss my friends
and family lots. I'm hoping we can do something fun for Christmas here
(although I don't know if it can beat my Hong Kong Christmas- well,
you guys who were there know ;-). By now, I'm definitely close friends
with the guys and hopefully we can all find something cool to do
together.

No comments:

Post a Comment